Sorry for the delay on this post! This is a SUPER easy soup that is oh so yummy. I like it for a warm lunch, heated up for breakfast or even for dinner. The best is to use chicken stock that is homemade or I buy it from our local farmers market. If you can’t do that try to get free range chicken stock/broth from trader joes or the grocery store.
- 2 large carrots, sliced thinly
- 1-2 stalks of celery sliced thinly
- 2 quarts of chicken broth/stock
- 2 chicken breasts grilled or cooked ahead of time and sliced into chunks
- 2 free range eggs
- 5 large mushrooms sliced thinly
- green onions sliced thinly for top
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Add broth to a large pot and begin cooking on medium
- Slice up the veggies and add carrots and celery to pot
- Cook for about 5 minutes
- Add mushrooms, cook for a few minutes
- Add chicken and cook until boiling
- Once boiling whisk eggs together in a separate bowl and then slowly pour into soup mixing continuously.
- Turn off soup and serve with sprinkling the green onions on top.