Okay so Lasagna time! I know that when I first went gluten free I was always buying the gluten free noodles to make pasta! But now I don’t really miss pasta much. PaleOMG’s 5 ingredient Pizza Bake usually satisfies my craving but sometimes I want to try new things. So I created this Paleo-ish Lasagna Recipe to share with you all. It is still a work in progress but I think it turned out pretty yummy!
- 3 Zucchini or Yellow Squash
- 1 lb of Bison Meat (or you could use grass-fed beef, ground chicken or group Italian sausage, I am just on a bison kick)
- 1 package of Mozzarella cheese (this is what makes it not really paleo)
- 1 TBSP Dried Oregano
- 1 TBSP Dried Basil
- Olive Oil to coat the dish
- 1 jar of Tomato sauce (I used Tomato Basil)
That is the sauce and cheese I used for this dish.
- Heat the oven to 350
- Add the bison (or whatever meat) to a skillet and cook until browned
- Drain the water and grease out of the meat
- Add back to the skillet and add in tomato sauce and mix, adding in the herbs, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Coat a clear rectangular dish with olive oil
- Cut in a Food processor or by hand into slivers the zucchini and squash.
- Layer the bottom of the dish with a thin layer of zucchini.
- Add a layer of the meat mixture and a lite sprinkle of cheese, continue this until you are out of ingredients with the layering.
- Add the remainder of the cheese to the top.
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove let it sit for a few minutes and then cut and serve.
And that is the finished product! We ate if for dinner and then ate again for leftovers the next day! I hope you enjoy!